EDUCATION MALAYSIA GLOBAL SERVICES (EMGS)
NOTIFICATION ON NEW REQUIREMENT BY THE MALAYSIAN IMMIGRATION DEPARTMENT (9th January 2018)
- The purpose of this notice is to provide clarification on the new requirement implemented by Malaysian Immigration Department.
- With immediate effect, the Malaysian Immigration Department will only proceed with the student pass endorsement if the student arrives in Malaysia witihin the validity of the Visa Approval Letter (VAL), which is valid for 6 months from the date issuance.
- If the student does not enter Malaysia with a solid single-entry visa (SEV) or visa on arrival within the validity period of the VAL, the Malaysian Immigration Department may not proceed with the student pass endorsement.
- Example: Student was issued the VAL on 1st June 2017 and will expire on 30th November 2017. The student obtained the SEV (valid for 90 days) on 30th November 2017 and arrived in Malaysia on 1st December 2017, which is after the expiry of the VAL. Because the student had entered Malaysia AFTER the expiry of the VAL, immigration may not proceed with the student pass endorsement. Student must arrive in Malaysia within the 6 months validity period of the VAL from 1st June 2017 to 30th November 2017 and ensure that SEV (if required) is obtained within this period.
- This directive is implemented immediately by the Malaysian Immigration Department.
Updated:: 10/01/2018 [azlida_jamil]